How To Set Up Touch ID Fingerprint Scanner on iPhone
Touch ID in iPhone is one of the most known and secure ways to lock your iPhone from external threats. If you haven’t already set up the Touch ID during the initial iPhone setup, you can do it anytime. It is always easy to use your own fingers to unlock your lovely device. You can use the same steps on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3 or later. The highly qualified sensor on the home button will never fail to fetch each tiny bit of information from your fingerprint structure. So, it is very secure to enable Touch ID Fingerprint as the phone lock.
First, you need to have any of the below devices in your hand to get started. Rest of the devices don’t have fingerprint scanner support in the hardware.
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5S
- iPad Pro (both the 12.9″, 10.5″ and the now discontinued and 9.7″)
- iPad (the fifth generation, introduced in 2017)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
How To Set Up Touch ID Fingerprint
- Navigate to the Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and Input your passcode.
- Tap Add A Fingerprint option.
- Then, press one finger to the Home Button and hold it there until the device vibrates.
- Keep tapping the button by changing the angles slightly. This helps to calibrate the fingerprint sensor effectively.
Note: If any of your fingers not getting recognized correctly by the fingerprint scanner on your iPhone or iPad, just try using another finger.
That’s all that you have to do for setting up Touch ID fingerprint on iPhone or iPad. If you face any difficulties in the process, do not hesitate to ask us for help. We will be always happy to serve you with any of your problems. Also, do share your experience with the Apple Touch ID fingerprint sensor. It will help other readers.